Wednesday, April 20, 2011

ChoicEs

It has been a long time. I will try to get right to sharing some of the things Papa has put on my heart lately--in the past 2 weeks that I are ongoing lessons and/or possibly share some happenings in my life. I don't know, I will just ride the waves of instantanious inspiration! *grin*

First of all, God has been shining His light on things again (He loves to do this, and I love it when He does). Not only on things around me but things in my heart. When He does this, a contrast is created, or a shadow, see? For some time LIFE has been highlighted, and thus death has been brought out by contrast. Spring is a great time to be alive anyway, and to appreciate life. On the night of April 11th I was taking a liesurely stroll down the barren and moist feilds, joyfully talking with God and remembering (thanks to recording in my jurnal) a significant desire I had surrendered in this field 2 years ago. One of those "Not my will but Yours be done". Wonderful freedom, by the way, comes in that statement! Anywho,I wandered down in a valley, closer to the interstate and there was a thin, cute stream I hadn't seen bfore. the sun was setting in that moment and the atmosphere was gently glowing. Perfect, you know? Well, minus mesquitos...but this is MN and earth, nonetheless!

I forget at what point I was at in this convo with my Daddy, but as I turned toward the sunset, this verse rose up from somewhere inside (where Jesus lives <3) "You will show me the path of LIFE; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Ps 16:8. I love this verse. So I basked in the goodness of this God who not only loves us, but guides us in the best way, the way of Life, that leads to life. He is life. He is the way. He will lead me! Good stuff, huh? I walked beside the stream briskly to lose the surrounding pests *bzzzzzzzz*, and turned back to check on the progressing sunset after a bit. This time a contrasting verse came to me "There is a way that SEEMS right to a man, but it's end is the way to DEATH" (Prov 4:12 ESV). This way leads to death rather than life...and it is the natural way we would choose just by leaning on our minds, our understanding and what seems right to us.

This is the problem with the Christian "religion" that I have held in my mind based on my own fear and numerous teachings from many well-meaning churches that I have sat in many times. We need to have His Word in our hearts, and listen to Him as He speaks from there. Not just gain learning for our heads to be filled with truth, for it is there in our heads that our human reasoning resides as well, and lies exist and truth can be contorted because we are trusting our reasoning based on the past and what we can see...those are so unreliable! Atleast I know my tendency to make decisions by coupling past experience, perception of reality, desire, sensiblity, people's opinions, and also what God might be wanting based on what He said in the Bible. Confusion doesn't even come close to describing this anxiety inducing method of decision making that would sum up the phrase SEEMS right. "Seems to me...based on all that conglomeration of information...that the best course of action would be to..." DEATH! How many of us are stuck here? Today God brought this reminder: “Walk with Me. I am near, not far. There is a way that leads to life, and it is only by My Spirit you can find it. You will know the truth, and this truth will set you free. The bondages are in your mind and keep everything else in check. Way to pursue truth! You will find, and know the Truth in Me."

As we walk with Him in relationship we not only get to enjoy His Presence, but we are being led down a (narrow) path that leads to life. I am learning to rely on His still small voice as He gives me the nudges, verses,and words. Will I mess up, have I messed up? Uhhhhm...yeah. However the great thing about walking with your Daddy, is that He is there to catch you when you fall. Oh, and just a fun fact about our relationship is the thing He tells me most, which will be very revealing of both of our hearts is: "Don't be afriad"
He is amazing.

It looks like I will have to post more of the details on my happenings next time, this is already way long. In fact, kuddos if you are still reading! Also, this does SEEM very reminiscent of some of my other posts, but they both contain lessons I know will take me a lifetime to learn. Trusting His heart with all of my heart.
Wow...
This one just goes on...
and on...
anywho
:)
I love doing this.
especially in my videos to Anna *;)*
the credits and farewells last almost as long as the content.
finally I will go.
Take care and be blessed!
<3 Brooke
PS if anyway knows how I can add a playlist to the side, please message me and let me know. there are so many amazing songs I would like to share.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brookie! :)
    Lovely post dear!
    Loved it.
    This is a way to get music on your blog,
    http://www.playlist.com/
    just make your playlist there, then you can post that on your blog form that site, if you need help, you probebly wanna ask Beka :)
    Have a grand day!
    Hugs!
    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete