Thursday, November 10, 2011

Becoming the Child of His Dreams...

I will just begin by saying--WOW. So much to talk about, so much that God has revealed and so many things I want to share with you all. It has been a very strange time of life for me as I have felt God calling me to leave my home in Beaver Creek and move to Sioux Falls. As most who know me know, my family is very tight knit and dear to me and this is a big change in and of itself. Yes, I am “of age” and past age if you asked most of my friends and relatives who would have been relieved to see me venture off many years ago. I appreciate their concern. Often I was concerned myself, mainly because my life has looked nothing like "normal" (whatever that is) the past few years, and I have not taken the typical route of those my age. Actually, my whole life I have been different if only by association with my wonderful family--so I should be used to it by now! Progress in moving has been a bit slow, but things are starting to line up and God is paving the way.
Over this summer God has been stirring up some dreams and desires of mine and giving glimpses of how they might look when fulfilled. I have been very happy as a Fresh Coat Painter, but have so many other interests and a heart to just be everything God created me to be. I long to be a part of His Kingdom and find my place in His Master plan. He knows best and He even knows what I like better than I do, so I have been doing a lot of seeking, knocking and asking what’s next for me, God?

A couple of weeks ago I was seated reverently (hehe, I couldn’t resist) in a worship weekend at my Church listening to Ian Rutherford from IHOP speak on Passion for God. Does anyone else get nervous during those talks in fear of facing a lack of passion? I do, but the truth about our lack of passion doesn’t surprise God. He loves us. Anyway, Ian stated that God will be serious about pursuing our dreams, when we begin to pursue His dreams. Those words unlocked a whole new thought pattern for me, even though I have heard similar things before. Proverbs states the same concept: “Delight yourself in the LORD and He shall give you the desires of your heart.” The way he said “God’s dreams” shook me up to the reality of how personal God is. I got to know God’s word before I got to know Him personally. I knew the God of the Bible wanted a lot of things, but I constantly need to make the connection the Father of love that I am now getting to know through experience is this God. Because of all my misconceptions, it is almost like I am getting to know God all over again! Based on what I know about the Father now, my heart was filled with desire to fulfill the desires of His heart. David is one example of one who pursued God's dreams. He was a Lover of God. One who cared not just about performing commandments, but truly PLEASING his God. In fact, he decided he wanted to build God a permanent house because he thought God would really like that, even though God didn’t ask for one (2 Sam 7). God even told him not too, because he was a man of bloodshed and had ordained Solomon instead for that project.
I have been basking in this revelation that I can bless God’s heart and I have been eagerly asking Him “God what are Your dreams?” Because of all He has done and His abundant love poured on me, this is so fun to ask out of sheer gratitude. Isn’t it a wonderful thought that we could actually bless the heart of God?

Over the past few weeks of asking Him this, I feel He has shown me some of His desires and would like to share with you what He has spoken to my heart at different times. The Bible is full of what pleases or hurts the heart of God, but it was neat to get some insight directly from Him and see it line up with what is in His previously written Word. He summed up His dream when He said to love Him with all our hearts, souls, minds and strength, but this is more of what that dream looks like in the "particulars".

Here’s what I felt He was saying (each paragraph was at a different time):

“My heart is for unity. I want togetherness and welcoming acceptance. I want peace among the brothers and sisters. I want encouragement and the building up, rather than the tearing down. I long to see them grow up together into the maturity that I have planned for them. I want change in the earth, I want to see people hungry and ready for Me to invade. I want people’s hearts prepared to meet Me. I want to give them glimpses and tastes of My goodness to prepare them for eternity. Give them an appetite for good things from My hand.

"Brokenness. I want to see people lay their hearts before me and return to Me with all of their hearts. Not with words but with weeping, with futile plans recognized and completely honest before My goodness and My glory. Desperation. Looking to Me with all their attention. Fixed on the reality of My Presence and who I Am. Grow in receptivity to My urgings and My Words…don’t be without Who I AM. Stay connected and abiding, for without Me you can do nothing. This is where your ability lies, as you rest in My Hands.

"Faithfulness. Lovers who remain with Me and stand by my side when the going gets rough. Not those who will turn and point in accusation against Me. When you do not trust Me, it wounds Me. I cannot entrust you with more of Myself if I am rejected by you. Guard My heart by trusting Me and honoring My words. I want all of your heart, so that our love can be everything it was designed to be and you can become wholly who I made you."

What a Father! I have another more personal revelation to share sometime, but this is already very long, so I will make a new post for that one. I hope this made you extra courious as to what Father would say if you asked how to become the child of His dreams... :) Well, go for it!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for so transparently sharing your heart Brooke! It was refreshing for my soul to read - I was able to sigh deeply at the end, and rest in the truth and peace that you so beautifully affirmed. The desire that God has for us to be connected with him, has been a theme of my own learnings lately...He is all about connection! As I connect with him, he wants to connect with others, and through us, connect with creation in beautiful ways. It is a beautiful flow of living. Beautiful because it doesn't begin or end with us. *another deep sigh* I love you sister! ~Ruth

    ReplyDelete