Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Restoration Bath

Hi to everyone.

Honestly, I don't know what to blog about.  I have been experiencing some major highs (yay!) and lows the past week and am currently in a place where things look a lot dimmer than usual and I do not feel a lot of drive or strength to advance. In this tiredness I tried to read the Bible but it isn't working like I want it to.  It's as if my ground is hard and dry and there is a slight patter of rain descending but not enough to soak me.  I need more, something from Father, His outstretched hand. Here is what my heart is crying out to God:

Father, You have amazing plans for me, You told me so.  You said that You were always with me and I believe this.  Will you lift the clouds that veil my understanding of Your goodness and the joy that can be mine by engaging with you?  And if I can't find words to say or even know what to talk about with can I rest with You and enjoy You until my heart has been softened by the rain of Your goodness?  I need a bath in it.
Restoration anyone? Click here for the song.  It came at the perfect time.

I feel His peace again, and He is reminding me of some things He told me yesterday concerning this time in my life.  He told me to discover, ask QUESTions and He would reveal some foundational things about life as He intends it.  I had never seen the QUEST in questions before, but it popped off my journal page as if God was spurring me on this QUEST for truth.  It was surprising to me that He would encourage me to ask more questions, being that I am one of His more inquisitive daughters, but I was thrilled by this invitation.  He also was wooing me with His love yesterday in many ways...and told me so.  I am so thankful for a walk in rolling hills full of luscious greenery with Sarah my dear friend, being up close with my nephew Noah and His sweet laugh, my sister Paige watching him so I could sleep longer, my favorite drink at my favorite coffee shop (dk. choc. mocha @ Coffea), and an encouraging visit with my mentor, Marge, at the Falls Park.  Best of all, He brought me joy and gave me insight and spoke into my sad places, He spoke words that the best of lovers couldn't convey and was present with me the entire time.  He didn't have to do any of that, but He is over-the-top and pursues us.
It is hard to notice at first, because it usually starts with something uncomfortable or painful, and come to find out God is pursuing our heart in the midst of that time.  It's the most opportune time for Him to show Himself strong on our behalf. :) Enjoy what He is doing in your heart at this time and how He is loving you.  Ask Him what is up.

Thanks for listening, I feel a lot better than when this post began.  Faith, hope and love are soaring again.  Thank You, Father. Remembering His goodness from the past does wonders in our present relationship and causes us to continue on in the trek with renewed faith.  At least that is how it feels right now.  I will have to check into the theological accuracy of that theory.  Ha.

May His Peace be with you ;))

Brooke





No comments:

Post a Comment